Culture Management Group has announced Burna Boy and Stonebwoy as the headliners for this year’s Afrochella Festival. The two-day fun-filled event will have a lit lineup of artists such as Fireboy, Kidi, Ayra Starr, Medikal, DJ Juls, DJ Loft, and more mount the stage to entertain fans and with over over 50 vendors including 15 fashion, beauty, and art merchants. Afrochella will also host 35 food vendors with cuisines from across the continent, as well as introduce attendees to “Afrocanteen,” an exclusive culinary affair like none other.
The event will be held at El Wak Stadium in Accra, Ghana from December 28th through December 29th.
Afrochella is a celebration of Africa’s diverse culture and vibrant work showcased by the continent’s many emerging creatives, artists, and entrepreneurs. This year, Afrochella’s theme is “AfroFuturism,” a term created to reflect on the past, explore the future and create a progressive path for the present African diaspora.
“As we embark on another year of celebrating African culture, Afrochella will bring “Afrofuturism” to life through our core elements of music, art, fashion, and food,” said Abdul Karim Abdullah, CEO & Co-Founder of Afrochella. “We will explore the endless possibilities of what “Afrofuturism” could look like in 2022 and beyond.”
As one of the most celebrated cultural moments in Ghana, this year we have the exciting challenge of bringing 20,000 travelers to the country. We plan to not only achieve this goal but to make Ghana the premier destination for all travelers around the world.” – Kenny Agyapong Jr., COO & Co-Founder of Afrochella
The festival will begin on December 18th with the Afrochella Expo at Afrochella House and run through other series of events as a build-up towards the main concert. This will include wellness sessions, screenings, and panel discussions in the world of culture, technology, health, sustainability, music, and art. Creatives from around the world can participate in events such as the Rising Star Challenge, Fashion Night Out, The New Year’s Celebration x PVO, and so much more
● Rising Star Challenge: Artists across the African continent will have the opportunity to submit their musical profiles for a chance to perform at the 2022 Afrochella Festival. The 1st place winner of the Rising Star Challenge will win a grand prize of $2,500, a studio session with an acclaimed producer, and more.
● Fashion Night Out: Afrochella presents Fashion Night Out, an evening to celebrate the innovation and beauty of African Fashion and its multi-talented designers with art installations and live performances.
● Afrochella Music Museum: A museum-like experience that will take the audience on a journey through the past into the future with live performances, art installations, and digital and printed imagery.
● Afrochella Talks: A conversation series dedicated to discussing African business, music, food, and creativity.
● New Year’s Eve Celebration x PVO: Afrochella partners with PVO to bring in the New Year with an unforgettable end-of-year celebration.
Visit www.afrochella.com for more info
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Rema Sets Guinness World Record with Global Hit ‘Calm Down
FacebookTweetPinLinkedInEmail Afrobeats star Rema has chalked a Guinness World Record. The Mavin signee achieved the feat with his global hit titled Calm Down. The song which…