Here is the full list of winners at this year’s edition of the African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA).
This past Sunday, music lovers in Africa & across the world witnessed the 2020 edition of the African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA). The annual awards show, which was hosted virtually due to the current state of the COVID-19 pandemic, had live performances from the likes of South African producer and DJ Master KG, South African rapper Nadia Nakai, Nigerian rapper Rema, Soraia Ramos from Cape Verde and several other considerable talents. There were also a number of notable big wins of the evening.
South African DJ/Music Producer, Master KG, bagged several awards for his monster hit “Jerusalema” featuring South African Songstress Nomcebo Zikode. Mastrer KG bagged the award for “Artist of The Year”, “Song of The Year”, “Best Male Southern Africa” and “Best Collaboration” for his stellar remix with Burna Boy. This comes off the heels of having won “Best African Act” at this year’s MTV Europe Music Awards in a addition to the “Jerusalema (remix)” having been officially certified diamond status in France. Master KG’s success this year has been unprecedented and he certainly shows no signs of slowing down.
Other winners of the night included Rema, who won “Best Male West Africa”, Sho Madjozi with “Best Female Southern Africa”, Nasty C with “Best Male Rap Act” and with Simi scooping up “Best Female West Africa”.
Burna Boy was awarded the “Crossing Boundaries with Music” honour which follows the release of his 15-track Twice As Tall album in August of this year. The album features the likes of Youssou N’Dour, Sauti Sol, Stormzy, Chris Martin and Naughty By Nature.
Additionally, South Africa’s amapiano king, Kabza De Small, walked away with the “Producer of the Year” award
Here is the full list of all the winners below:
- BEST MALE WEST AFRICA – Rema (Nigeria)
BEST FEMALE WEST AFRICA – Simi (Nigeria)
BEST MALE EAST AFRICA – Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
- BEST FEMALE EAST AFRICA – Nandy (Tanzania)
- BEST MALE CENTRAL AFRICA – Fally Ipupa (DRC)
- BEST FEMALE CENTRAL AFRICA – Soraia Ramos (Cape Verde)
- BEST MALE SOUTHERN AFRICA – Master KG (South Africa)
- BEST FEMALE SOUTHERN AFRICA – Sho Madjozi (South Africa)
- BEST AFRICAN GROUP – Umu Ibiligbo (Nigeria)
- CROSSING BOUNDARIES WITH MUSIC AWARD – Burna Boy (Nigeria)
- BEST NEW ACT– Zuchu (Tanzania)
- ARTIST OF THE YEAR – Master KG (South Africa)
- BEST GOSPEL ARTIST – Mercy Chinwo (Nigeria)
- BEST LIVE ACT – Flavour (Nigeria)
- BEST MALE RAP ACT – Nasty C (South Africa)
- BEST FEMALE RAP ACT – Eno Barony (Ghana)
- BEST COLLABORATION – Master KG ft Nomcebo Zikode & Burna Boy Jerusalema Remix
- SONG OF THE YEAR – Master KG ft Nomcebo Zikode – Jerusalema
- BEST VIDEO DIRECTOR – TG Omori (Nigeria)
- BEST DJ AFRICA – Cuppy (Nigeria)
- BEST AFRICAN DJ USA – Fully Focus (Kenya)
- VIDEO OF THE YEAR – Gaz Mawete ft Fally Ipupa – C’est Rate
- PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – Kabza De Small (South Africa)
- BEST AFRICAN DANCER – Poco Lee (Nigeria)
- BEST LUSOPHONE – Calema (Cape Verde)
- BEST FRANCOPHONE – Fally Ipupa (DRC)
- BEST RADIO/TV PERSONALITY – James Onen (Uganda)
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Rema Sets Guinness World Record with Global Hit ‘Calm Down
FacebookTweetPinLinkedInEmail Afrobeats star Rema has chalked a Guinness World Record. The Mavin signee achieved the feat with his global hit titled Calm Down. The song which…