Listen to this article
Audio streaming giant, Spotify released its Q4 2021 report, and here are major highlights from the report;
- MAUs, Revenue, Operating Income, and Gross Margin performed better than expected.
- Subscriber growth was inline, ARPU growth increased Y/Y, and our advertising business reached a record 15% of Total Revenue in Q4.
- Premium Subscribers grew 16% Y/Y to 180 million in the quarter, led by strong promotional campaign performance.
- MAUs grew 18% Y/Y to 406 million in the quarter and are near the top end of our guidance range. We saw double-digit Y/Y growth in all regions with particular strength in the Rest of the World, which was led by strong results in India and Indonesia.
- Wrapped: Collectively, 120 million MAUs engaged with Wrapped content in Q4 (vs. 93 million last year, an increase of 29% Y/Y).
- Revenue grew 24% Y/Y in Q4 (or 20% Y/Y on a constant currency basis) to €2,689 million and was above the top end of our guidance range due to significant strength in advertising and favorable FX movements.
- Gross Margin finished at 26.5% in Q4, above the top end of our guidance range and flat versus the prior-year period.
- ARPU of €4.40 in Q4 was up 3% Y/Y (or up 1% Y/Y constant currency). Excluding the impact of FX, we saw a benefit to ARPU primarily from our price increases.
- Podcast MAU ended the year with a double-digit increase relative to Q3. Among MAUs that engaged with podcasts in Q4, consumption trends remained strong (up 20% Y/Y on a per-user basis) and podcast share of overall consumption hours on our platform reached another all-time high.
Read more about the report here: https://investors.spotify.com
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Moonchild Sanelly Signs With Transgressive Records And Releases New Single
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0LinkedIn0Email0 Talented musician Moonchild Sanelly, has debuted her new single titled Bashiri. The banger ribs preachers, who use the church for capital gain. Moonchild whose career…
Nigeria’s Fireboy DML releases Apple Music Session
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0LinkedIn0Email0 Nigerian musician Fireboy DML has released four newly recorded tracks as part of the Apple Music Home Session series.The Apple Music Home Session project involves…